Thursday, August 20, 2009

.::. Taken? .::.

I visited Malmo today. A very nice lady whom I approached to confirm the bus to Malmo directed me to stop at the right place for the festival. It was so sunny today! The sun was really scorching hot, just like Singapore! I actually felt hot and everyone was in shorts and tank tops. The weather changes quickly here. It was so cold and windy that I needed a jacket and scarf when I reached, but it's so hot today that I went out in sleeveless top.

Malmo has alot more shops and shopping compared to Lund. I walked into a stationary shop in Lund and asked for correction fluid, and the woman said that they didn't have it and that I should come back next week!!

It's quite difficult to enjoy walking around alone. After a few hours of walking and shopping, you just get tired and feel like going home. When I was walking towards the bus-stop to come home today, a indian-ish guy (just like the one in 'Taken' if you've watched it) came to talk to me. He commented on my 'nice' camera and asked me where I'm from. He started guessing when I only gave him a forced smile and had no intention to respond. And after that he started asking me if I stay in Malmo, if I'm visiting and for my name. Goodness, it was totally like the show and I freaked out. I started to walk back the other direction and loitered for abit before walking to the bus-stop again. To my horror he was infront, loitereing and came to talk to me again!! *arghh. He started calling out to my 'name' when I walked to the other direction and waved him off yet again. My goodness, it totally felt like the scene in 'Taken'.

Things are quite different here. The supermakets do not really sell things like bowls or those household stuff like baskets and stuff. Maybe it's Lund, but there don't seem to be departmental stores here and I've to go to many places to get things I want.

I got most of the stuff I need already and I'm quite broke. I'm shocked by the prices of things here! To think they asked me not to bring stationary and foolscap paper here!! Pens here costs about SGD$5 and I just paid SGD$10 for correction fluid!! Pillows are too expensive that I really can't bear to buy it. Even soft drinks outside is SGD$3 in convenience stores. Everything is expensive and it's depressing going out to look at stuff.

The only cheap stuff here is probably clothes. I got a Zara harem-like pants for about SGD$12!! There are lots of stuff for that price there but I can't shop! The things here are similar to those in Singapore but much cheaper.

I'm tired. I miss home and Singapore so much. Maybe it might be better as school starts and I get to know people. Else I'm always out by myself or stucked at home to entertain my landlord who tend to go on and on about things. I've alot of rules to follow here and the most ridiculous one is not being able to bathe after 9pm. Else he's very particular about many stuff and like to let me know what he's doing and stuff. *sigh.

It's really not easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment