Monday, September 28, 2009

.::. Student Life .::.


Lectures are rather different here. I'm not sure if this is the norm for masters programs, but lecturers don't teach that much during lecturers. Lectures are about 1.5 hour long, and the lecturers here talk alot slower than I'm used to and they don't seem to be in a hurry to cover more things. We only have lectures about 6 hours a week, but apparently we do spend alot of time on research and doing our reports.

There's a guest lecture by Robert Scappens today. He's some leading professor in Management Accounting and having him spices things up somewhat. He used to teach in Manchester University and he speaks alot faster than the lecturers here. I guess I prefer the British's english. I've one lecturer who talks really slow and sounds really bored, it makes it difficult for me to concentrate!

As much as I complain about projects and stuff, I very much cherish this chance to be a student again. Afterall, student life is so much better than boring working life. So yea, I almost enjoy staying back in school, doing our project while munching on food till late. Almost.

We handed up our second report today. 2 down, 3 more to go. Going to be busy the next 2 weeks with these 3 reports due. Some of the classmates got their grades for our first assignment, but we haven't got ours!

No lesson tomorrow. But there's lots to prepare for a full day of school with project meeting on Wednesday. Full-days like today makes me really tired by the time I'm home. It's getting cold, it was 13 degrees when I came home this evening. *yawns...

No comments:

Post a Comment