Tuesday, November 17, 2009

.::. Seminar Aftermath .::.

I've finished reading the whole 500 pages of the textbook for CSR and have concluded our group seminar today. I'm not that great with group work and I'm not a natural public speaker. Alot of the times, I'd just rather blend into the background as an observer. I do get nervous but I've got to say that preparation makes alot of difference. I'm thankful that our seminar went well and I didn't screw up. It helps that our group is rather tight. =)

So yea, I'm trying to convince myself to be more confident and brave.



It's a relief to conclude the seminar really. I'm not that worried about the written report.

I rushed home to cook today. My roommate invited 3 of her friends who also live in Malmo over for an Asian dinner. I'm not sure if it's really that Asian though. I cooked krapow, curry chicken and sauteed mushrooms. My roommate cooked ginseng chicken soup and red bean soup for dessert. Sauteed mushrooms is my new dish and I love it!

I love having dinners and long chats. The conversation gets interesting when people of different cultures come together. You really do get to learn things and see things differently. It has been a great night.



CSR has been an interesting subject and the seminars in which we students host about different topics involves alot of group work. It sometimes gets crazy when the class is 60 people big.

I enjoy this term alot more. It helps that these subjects are alot 'softer' and more interesting than accounting regulations. And it's great that I get to know more people and work with different people.

Although getting to know more friends wasn't exactly on the top of my list when I came here, it is certainly a bonus. You really get to learn when you open up your heart and learn how to work with different people. I shall be more open and get to know more people!



New Moon is going to be screened here!



It's winter...I got myself a thick wool scarf and hat from H&M at a really good price. I realize that people wear hats for a reason, it really do keep you warm, so do scarfs. It might sound stupid, but I have never thought of things like boots, scarfs and hats to be so functional (to keep people warm) since we wear it most of the time just to 'look good'.

November has been busy, but great.

No comments:

Post a Comment