Monday, December 21, 2009

.::. Saying Goodbye .::.

It has been a good 3 days 2 nights in Umea. It's a really peaceful and beautiful little town with spectacular scenery. We've to thank Rita for hosting us, and also Eden and Claire. =)

I was rather worried that our train back to Lund would be delayed or canceled due to the heavy snow. Thank god, it was only delayed for 30 minutes and we got back on time. Even managed to have a 'farewell' dinner before all of us leave for home or holidays.



My first (ugly) snowman! It was so cold that the snow was too dry to 'stick'. It's like trying to make a snowman with sand.



On the bridge.



Beautiful winter.



Frozen lake.

In a few hours time, I'll be on the plane back home. =)

I can't believe it has been more than four months since I left Singapore.

It is probably the most adventurous four months in my life and I've experienced so many different things.

It's amazing that I've gotten so used to life here. I used to complain about the cold even when it was like 15 degrees. It felt so unbearably cold when the temperature dipped below 10 degrees. Yet now, I'm comfortable with subzero temperatures and could survive with just jeans and a good jacket.

There's snow everywhere now. There's a ridiculous amount of snow! They say that it has been like 8 years since there's so much snow in this part of Sweden. I love snow, but I've experienced how such weather could cause lots of delays and disturbances to everyday life. The snow on the roads are all melting into a brownish heap, looking like mud. Roads are all wet and slippery. There's an ugly side to snow too.

There's so much I felt, so much I'm feeling. There have been so many moments which made me feel really touched and contented.

It's time to say goodbye to Sweden for now. I'll be back for more. Despite the many obstacles and not-so-pleasant stuff I've experienced, I still find myself loving it here. I'll miss it here.

I'm looking forward to catching up with the girls. It's been four months and dear Ju found a really nice guy while dear Chye is engaged! I'm so happy for them, and so excited to catch up with gossip.

It's the longest time I'm away from the boy and the first time we are so far apart on our anniversary. It's been such a long journey, and I'm really thankful to have him behind me all the time.

I'm going back home, where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment