Friday, February 5, 2010

.::. Emotional .::.



I've got...New Moon Sharkfins' soup!!!


I was pushing the flap of my mailbox to check for mail as usual when I came home this evening. To my horror, it didn't bludge and I almost thought someone 'locked' my mailbox. Who knows, I found this when I opened it with the key. I've got no idea how the postman managed to shove this package into the flap of my mailbox - it is definitely thicker than the flap and rather big. Does that mean that the postman has the key to my mailbox?!


Apparently the boyfriend took great pains to wrap the package with many layers of newspaper AND many many layers of clingwrap.


I was really quite surprised to realize that he sent me such stuff! It did cross my mind to get some CNY goodies here when I was home and the supermarkets have started selling these. But I concluded that I can do without these and only brought some barbecue pork and prawn crackers which the girls gave me.

鱼生! And still got 年糕! He even put the sauce in plastic bag.


Super 感动! Thank you darling!

It has been a long week. This term feels so much busier since I've classes 4 days a week. I'm taking one module called 'Organization culture, Identity and Leadership' which requires us to go through 2 case study every week and write a one page analysis before we go for seminars and discussion. This is in addition to the stacks of readings and research for my group essay and thesis. I'm tired, everyday starts with a long agenda.

I've been going to the gym with Emma for classes very often! Clocked 5 hours this week! I can see my myself tone up already. It's a nice way to destress and stay sane. It also forces me to study for abit after classes, before gym, which is rather productive. The only bad thing is not being able to be home in the evenings equates to not being able to talk to the boyfriend much. =( I hate time differences.

I've been rather emotional lately. Maybe it's PMS, but sometimes I miss the boyfriend so much that it hurts. It's embarassing to admit this. He has been appearing in my dreams rather often these days and I dream of home alot too. *sigh.

So yea...it means so much to me when I receive mails and packages from home. Makes me cry.

It's official - I hate cobblestone roads. It has been rather warm these 2 days! About one or two positive degrees. Really great compared to the -19 degrees last Saturday. Snow has started to melt and the only bad thing is when water from the melting snow freezes to form a layer of ice when it turns cold at night. It literally translates to walking on ice. There were a few times when I nearly fell, because you simply have no clue which area is slippery and lose your footing. Then, tonight, I fell really hard on my butt. =( It totally took me by surprise and I stayed on the floor for several seconds, in pain. Thankfully a very nice Swedish couple rushed over to help me up, probably rather shocked by my spectacular fall. *sigh. I've witnessed quite a few falls myself, the roads can be hazards, especially cobblestone roads which are difficult to walk on already normally AND dangerous to walk on during winter.

TGIF.

It's a nice and quiet Friday night, alone at home (the roommate went for a party), warm in my bed after a warm bath, nursing my muscleaches and butt ache, sipping earl grey tea, savouring the love from home and missing home.

I'm okay. Contented. It's normal to miss home. Right?

16 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment