Friday, March 26, 2010

.::. Spring .::.

Bidding goodbye to exams felt really great, especially when Spring is creeping in. The weather changes are really amazing. Just 4 weeks ago, I was walking home with Emma as it was snowing heavily. Today, the thermometer showed 21 degrees while weather forecast showed 14 degrees. It was an unusually warm day. It was almost like when we first arrived in August. Somehow, it felt like I've walked a big round and now, I'm almost at the end of the journey.

I finally realized why people love the sun and Spring so much. The change of season really brings about a change of mood too. Spring seem to bring hope, together with the sunshine and blooming flowers. You can see so many more people on the streets on warm days like today. People are apparently in good mood, eating ice-cream, sitting around. The atmosphere is simply amazing. It's like the whole city is smiling.

As much as winter could bring with it lots of inconvenience and bitter cold and gloom, I think I still prefer having the four seasons to none. That is even when the winter is so long and bitterly cold - that says alot.

It's hard to put it into words, but I like the way your mood changes with the season, just like the fashion and things you do. You're more aware of time passing by, and simply seem to cherish time more. This is unlike the boring all-year-round summer we have back in sunny island - Singapore! Most of the time it is too hot and it puts us in a foul mood. We don't enjoy the sun though we see it almost everyday.

I was walking around in jeans and tee today, and it felt so good. I can't imagine how I can survive when I go back. It's 10 degrees and my window is perpetually open these days. Then again, people always underestimate their adaptability. If I could survive in -25 degrees weather, I'm sure I'll be fine when it's 30 degrees too.

Now that we've almost finished our course (except for the thesis), I'm getting nostalgic. I'll miss the people and the lifestyle here so much. As much as I hate the inefficiency and the lack of variety here, I'll miss the people and the things we do here together.

I'm really going to cherish my last 10 weeks here, before I wake up from my dream.

We all know that, in no time, we'll be back where we came from. Everything will be the same, yet totally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment