Monday, August 9, 2010

.::. Chinook's 3rd Birthday .::.

Chinook turned 3 yesterday. How time flies, I still remember holding him in my arms when he was just 3 months old. I will always remember the first day he was home. He shit everywhere, stepped on his own shit and I had shit all over me when I carried him up (since he was stepping all over me with his shitty paws).

Now, he's such a big boy. Chinook stays with Joel and his family now, since they helped to look after him while I was in Sweden. I do miss Chinook, I miss his smell in my room and how I always see him by my bedside the moment I open my eyes. He was been there for me when I'm upset, and I talk to him alot too. But I reckon he's alot happier at Joel's place since his family loves (and spoils) him. My mom's afraid of Chinook and complains about his hair all the time (among her many complaints) and my dad asks me to give him away (he probably thinks that it's a passing phrase that I'll get over). They never do understand.




The family. =) Chinook will always be an important part of us. Joel has a soft spot for Chinook, and Chinook do make things easier for our relationship. He's like the glue that cements the cracks in our relationship. Afterall, it's Joel who made me fall in love with dogs. Chinook mean so much to me, and it's like we have a connection with each other.

His family loves dogs, his dad especially, and he grew up with many dogs. His dad was still talking about getting a 'second Chinook'. It's something which I would like someday, and I'll name my 2nd dog 'Chiky' to rhyme with Chinook. I like taking photos, and 'Chiky' sounds like my shutter sound too. =p



Chinook's birthday cake. I ordered a bigger one with his name written on top from U.S. Dog Bakery. But to my astonishment, someone else collected Chinook's cake and I'm stranded without a cake. They were celebrating their opening and did not even check the recipt! It's either that someone collected the wrong cake or tried to get a free cake on purpose (so cheapskate!). They gave me 2 mini cakes like this and decided to refund my money for my order.



Bear bear was invited to Chinook's birthday party too. Bear Bear is Chinook's best friend, and they kept circling each other endlessly throughout the night. Chinook is so energetic and Bear Bear's getting old, he ended up getting so frustrated with Chinook that he barks at Chinook. But it all seem like a game to them and both of them had their tails wagging the whole night.

Chinook was so tired and lazy today. I'm sure Bear Bear was the same!



A group picture of the night. We watched Harry Potter I

It was a great night. All of us, including the dogs had a great time. =)

Happy Birthday Chinook, Happy Birthday Singapore. *love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment