Tuesday, October 12, 2010

.::. Longing .::.

I woke up this morning with an aching longing for Sweden. In my sub-conscious state, images of my life there flashed through my mind. It felt so real, I can feel my mood and my feelings then. I can feel the cold wind lashing onto my face as I hastened my steps, the moments when I felt so touched to be so far away from home and expereincing these. There are times when I experienced or saw something, and really felt like locking that moment into my memory and sharing it with all my loved ones. I wished they were there to experience and savour the moment together with me.

I almost wished that when I opened my eyes, I was back in my little room in Sweden and I can walk out to admire the autumn leaves. It's difficult to describe, but I felt really carefree there. I liked having lots of time on hand, planning to meet the girls for dinner and meeting random people, hearing all sorts of stories about other's lives. It's like a discovery all the time.

It is Autumn there now, and it's turning cold and grey. I really miss the change of seasons, observing the changes in weather and feeling the gradual dip in temperatures. We enjoy complaining about the weather, how it seem to go colder and colder, darker and darker.



Autumn is beautiful, but I can't decide which is my favourite season. It might well be summer in Sweden since it's so sunny yet so cool. It's one of the rare times I really enjoy the sun.



I was so happy. It's been more than a year since the apple festival! My roommate still sent me a message about how a year has passed and the apple festival is here again.



*sigh. I reckon I'll never look so cute anymore.



The flashbacks these days made me decide that I must visit Sweden again someday.

If life was measured by the moments that took my breath away, then mine would have been worth living. It was the first time that I felt that I could die with no regrets, even if I dropped dead. *touch wood.

I reckon one should not be greedy and there's always a time for different things. I have indulged, and I should work hard now, to build a life together with someone I would like to spend the rest of my life with.

I'm really thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment