Tuesday, November 2, 2010

.::. $ .::.

Lately, I've been trying to think of ways to get more $. Things really do get clearer after you get down to planning and things get into perspective. Instant gratification is no longer a priority, it's time to set some mid-term and long-term goals.

I spoke to a financial planner today. Speaking to him has made me acutely aware of many facts which I knew but paid little attention to. They're just things at the back of your mind that you never really thought about. It's scary thinking about it, and I really do not want to slog till 60! University education for ONE child will cost $89,800 in 20 years time, and what about retirement?

Sadly, that's the kind of life we have to endure and plan for in Singapore - slog and work harder till you're too old to do so.

It's time to start following the rules if I want a chance to be out of the rat race by..40? 50 is probably a more possible number.

Rule 1: Spend within your means
Rule 2: Save and invest
Rule 3: Expand your means

For now, how do we save 160k in 5 years time?! It's going to be a difficult battle, but I need to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment