Thursday, March 31, 2011

.::. Best Thai Food! .::.

I had a craving for Tom Yum soup today, so I went googling for a nice Thai-food place. Since the boyfriend was driving, anywhere (almost) was possible!

I have to say that I was really satisfied with this meal. It's been awhile since I'm in awe of the food I eat. This is especially so since I've been trying to change my diet, to cut sugar, processed food and deep-fried food.

I'm not a fan of things like Mango salad, but we ordered this Papaya salad anyway. It was recommended.

The first mouthful of papaya I took, the flavours exploded in my mouth. It's spicy, sour and slightly sweet at the same time. It's simply delicious and I couldn't stop. It's the first time that I liked a papaya salad this much! I'd give it a 5/5!

The Tom Yum Soup. It looks promising since I prefer the orange kind. Afterall, I came here for Tom-Yum soup as it was voted No. 1 on Hungrygowhere.

The flavours were really good too! It was spicy and sour, not as dramatic as the papaya salad, but still tasted really good nevertheless. It's not too spicy that would choke you. I liked it when hot, but found it not spicy enough when it cools. Then again, I've a high level of spicy tolerance. I'd rate i a 4.5/5. Very pleasant.


The Moo Kraw Pao. It doesn't taste bad, but pales in comparison to the other two dishes. I've tasted nicer versions of this dish, and I found the basil fragrance lacking. I'd still give it a 3.5/5 though. It's a not-bad dish.


We tried the sticky rice which came in a small basket-like container. I'm not a fan of sticky rice, but the boyfriend ordered it. It was delicious!! It tasted really fragrant and soft when it was warm. It went really well with the papaya salad. I couldn't stop, though I am supposed to cut my carbo intake (especially at night). I'd give it a 4.5/5!

The boyfriend likes the stuffed chicken wings, he always orders that. I can't decide if I like it. The outer skin tastes good, reminds me of Ikea's chicken wings. However, the insides tasted like meat. It was less tender than the normal versions I've tried, less stuffings and more meat. I'd give it a 4/5 or maybe 3.5/5.

*yums!

Life hasn't been that exciting. It has been a stressful time, but everything worked out well.

I haven't watched a good movie for quite some time. The last good movies I remembered are Inception and Harry Potter. When it comes to food, apart from the Teo Chew Muay (which is my new favourite food), I haven't tasted anything really good too. You can imagine how impressed I am by this meal that I'm blogging about it after midnight when I'm supposed to be soundly asleep.

The sticky rice, papaya salad and tom yum soup are must-tries! I'm going to try the green curry and other dishes the next time round.

I visited the damn ulu outlet near 6th Avenue (the original outlet), but they have outlets at Thomson and Robertson Quay too.

www.esarn.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment