Saturday, April 28, 2012

.::. HSBC - Stop calling me! .::.

HSBC has successfully renewed my annoyance with them.  They have been calling me so much these days - 3 calls in 2 days!  I hate it when insurance companies, or banks or anyone who calls me and try to sell me something.  I hate it when people stuff things into my face, including SMS advertisements, pop-up ads and they even use Whatsapp these days!

Coming back to HSBC, their insurance people have been calling damn often some months back.  I got countless calls from them in a few months, then it all died down.  I thought they finally realized how much such calls piss people off.  And now, it started again! Now I pick up the call and tell them that I have received x number of calls in x days, I'm not interested!

And seriously, HSBC is probably one of the last banks which I will go to after my bad experience with them.

It goes like this.  The husband and I signed up for their credit card at their road show, just because he didn't have a credit card and they just happened to be there.  There was also a $50 rebate I think, the sales person was also friendly.  It was at Clementi and we had to go upstairs to a small push-cart to fill up the forms.  Then, we were given the forms and all the documents in an envelop for us to mail it ourselves.  The sales person said he was not supposed to do it for us.

I'm not someone who remembers to send out things.  And when I finally sent out the application forms, fully expecting to receive my card in a few weeks time, it didn't go that way.  I had a call more than a week after sending the application out, and was told that the sales person filled in my name wrongly, he missed a letter.  They had to come back to me with the form, so that I can edit it and counter-sign.  It was so much trouble, and I don't understand why can't they use my NRIC name since they had a copy of that plus my CPF statements!

Then, they wanted to send a courier down next week.  But I didn't agree, since I wanted the card in a hurry.  I asked them to arrange a courier down by tomorrow - isn't that ample time?!  So then said they'll come back to me, and finally agreed to send the courier here on a Friday afternoon.  They also asked for a photocopy of my payslips.  And when Friday came, the courier service called me and asked if they could come next week instead.  I was pissed by now, I'm the customer and I specifically wanted it THIS WEEK!  Then, they said they will get back to me again.  They finally agreed to come and I passed them the documents.  Again, fully expecting to receive my card in a week or two.

But no, it didn't stop here.  They called and told me that my payslips were not acceptable because the last few letters of my company name was cut off in the photocopy.  I WAS SO PISSED.  They had my CPF statements and the name of my company corresponded with my payslip!  And they are making a big fuss because the last 2 letters of my company was cut off?!  I pointed that out, and they told me that it's their company policy - have to see full company name.  I was so annoyed that I asked to cancel my application.

I DO NOT WANT YOUR CARD AND WILL NOT EVER SIGN FOR YOUR SERVICES ANYMORE, HSBC.

They did such a great job of pissing me off, seriously.  The thing is, my company is one of those old-fashioned companies who gives out our payslips by hand.  You have to tear out the 3 sides to open it up, and the alignment inside isn't perfect.  When you tear out the side, the last few letters of the company name gets torn out too.  There's no way that I can provide a payslip with full company name!  Don't tell me to contact HR to get any official or additional documents, I'm not going to all that trouble for a damn credit card.  There are so many choices in the market, many are fuss-free.  Moreover, HSBC's perks are pretty lousy and EpiCenter's installment plan works for most local credit cards except HSBC.

I just got the UOB ONE card and Standard Chartered Manhattan card for the cash rebates.  I paid $5,000 for my banquet downpayment with the Manhattan card and earned a $200 cash rebate plus $20 cash-back for signing up.  I simply dropped into the Standard Chartered when I passed by, took 10 minutes to fill up the form and had my card in the mail in less than 2 weeks.  The UOB card was even more amazing, I downloaded the form online, filled it up and faxed it over.  The card arrived in a few days.  I also have OCBC cards, though they pissed me off and signed me up for their cashline service initially, I like it that the customer service is easily reachable and helpful.  However, OCBC only gave me 2x credit limit (of my salary) while UOB and Standard Chartered gave me 4x.

So there goes.  I have a really bad impression of HSBC and will probably never ever use their services.  I don't get why are they so rigid with credit card applications, which is supposed to be fuss-free.  The poor sales tried so hard to get customers to sign up, yet the back-end operations basically screwed everything.  Perhaps it's the procedures, but seriously, I provided CPF statements with my company name corresponding to my payslip, and I don't think I'm a particularly high-risk customer!

I can't wait for the 'Do not call' registry to start.  I'm going to be the first to sign up, and I'm not going to be nice to people who still continues to call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment