Saturday, April 21, 2012

.::. Week in pictures .::.

It was a killer week, tiring but pretty interesting.  The highlight of the week was dinner at Jaan at Swissotel.  It was really good!  Pardon the iPhone pictures though.

IMG_3292

We arrived early and this was the view that greeted us.

IMG_3291

The view was amazing.  I love the twilights.  And admiring this after a long day at work with a glass of champagne in hand makes me really feel at peace with the world.

IMG_3293

It turned dark after awhile.

IMG_3295

We had a private area for our dinner.

IMG_3294

And this was the view we ate to.

IMG_3296

The menu.

IMG_3297

Some mushroom with tea dish.  It was really good!

IMG_3298

I think it was sea bass, my first time eating it, raw.  It was refreshing, I liked it.

IMG_3299

I'm not a fan of ravioli but this was the best I ever had!  It had tasty crab/lobster meat in it and the sauces went well together.

IMG_3301

Foie gras with mango and some caramel biscuit.  *yummy!

IMG_3305

I think this was fish, I am not very sure.  But I didn't like leek, so this was probably my least favorite though it was still good.

IMG_3308

Very unique dessert but definitely not my favorite - there was coconut (I don't fancy coconut) with pineapple, very hawaiian feel.

I really liked the mini baguette too, I had quite a few throughout the night.

This was the best french restaurant I've been to in Singapore!  I was disappointed by quite a few, in fact all of the previous dinner places.

Perhaps I will be back with the husband someday, but I reckon the prices ain't cheap!

IMG_3318

The next stop - St James' Dragonfly.  It was Canto night, the crowd was old and they were singing very old songs!

IMG_3317

It wasn't that bad, since I realized that I can sing to the old songs.  =_="  The french were very amused though.

IMG_3315

Huge bottles of champagne with sparklers.  We had VSOP mixers too.

IMG_3325.PNG

2nd stop was to Mink at Pan Pacific Hotel.  It was a club, really loud, and the lights were giving me a headache.

IMG_3321

These people really get high on a Wednesday night.  I barely stayed for 5 minutes before calling it a night while some of them stayed to party and drink more vodka.

I was drained by the time we ended at about 1am.  After all, we had champagne, white wine, red wine, rose champagne, VSOP mixers, champagne again and vodka mixers all in a night.  It's ridiculous, but it ups your alcohol threshold really quick.

It's Sunday already, which means Monday is around the corner. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment