Tuesday, January 1, 2013

.::. Christmas 2012 .::.


Christmas is always a time filled with joy, a time to reflect on the year just before it ends, a time to be thankful for the good and to let go of the bad before starting a new year afresh.

This Christmas has been a hectic one, I didn’t even get to do my Christmas shopping at Orchard Road!  We only dropped by Tangs to grab a present before leaving Orchard Road for home as it’s too crowded on the last weekend before Christmas.  Most of the presents were bought online or at heartland malls.  I love Christmas shopping (not just before Christmas though).  I love it that the malls are all nicely decorated and playing Christmas songs.  Most of all, I love taking my time to choose gifts, trying to find the right one for everyone.  It’s the whole process of buying your loved one a gift that he/she likes that is meaningful.

I’ve hosted 3 Christmas/housewarming parties in our new home, and it has been really tiring to cook for 20 people in a row.  There’s so much food, so much preparation, so much cleaning!  We had parties on Friday dinner for his boss and colleagues, Saturday lunch with the neighbors, Saturday wedding dinner, Sunday lunch for his nephew’s birthday, Monday dinner for my friends, Tuesday lunch for his family and dinner at the lovely home of our contractor Mr K’s customers (and Mr K with family) whom we’ve got to know as friends. 

My favorite Christmas present this year is my new DSLR from the husband – great for capturing more beautiful memories together.  It's the 3rd camera he has got for me.  My new 60D makes my 4-year-old 450D look like a toy.  I love how much sharper the images are and the swivel screen!  His sister also got us a Nespresso machine.  Although I’ve been eyeing the Illy’s machine for the longest time but haven’t got the budget to get it, I’m still happy for a Nespresso.  I love Italian coffee, but Nespresso will do for now.  And we now have 4 vacuums at home and lots of NTUC vouchers.

Haven’t took as many pictures as I would have liked this Christmas.  Haven’t had enough time for Christmas shopping and getting down to writing cards to people I care about.  Simply haven’t been doing enough for everyone (including myself) these days.

I'm most thankful for building a cosy home from scratch with the husband and having so many great people around us this year.  Life has been kind.

IMG_8159

Friends.  For the past 10 years. =O

IMG_8188

IMG_8182

Luke, the really cute 17-month-old.

IMG_8245

IMG_8236

IMG_8234

IMG_8233

IMG_8238

IMG_8240

IMG_8241

IMG_8242

IMG_8244

IMG_8247

IMG_8249

IMG_8250




No comments:

Post a Comment