Thursday, February 21, 2013

.::. Settling back down .::.

We just got back from the honeymoon a week ago.  Then it has been another mad rush to settle the dogs, do the Chinese New Year rounds, go back to work and deal with jet lag.  And everything started catching up with us, the pile of work from 3 weeks’ absence, the wedding ang bao and bills to settle, collecting back all the wedding stuff, 3 weeks’ worth of dirty laundry, 3 weeks’ worth of dirt at home.

I’m simply exhausted.

I haven’t been sleeping well since we got back, too much to do and too much on the mind.  I get down to work at home after work, then by the time it’s midnight, I can hardly fall asleep but yet wake up in the wee hours.  Then I get really sleepy in the late afternoon.  Amazingly, I got to catch up on a lot of sleep this weekend.  I slept till 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.  I was totally knocked out on Saturday, crawling out of bed at 5pm because we had to go out for dinner.  The same thing happened on Sunday, till I had to get up to cook dinner and clean the very dirty floor.  Thankfully, no tuition this weekend!

And, the fridge had to break down this weekend, barely 4 months since we bought it!  Had to clear out the fridge and throw out so much food.

I think it’s going to take us a few more months to settle back in.  My clothes are still in the luggage and there’s really a lot of housework to be done.  The storeroom needs to be packed too, and the study room.  We haven’t even got side tables for the bed, and there’s a thick layer of black dust on the ceiling fan.

Maybe I should consider getting a weekend helper, otherwise it’s really endless housework after work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment