Tuesday, May 7, 2013

.::. Loves of my Life .::.


IMG_6735

This is the husband and the dogs the previous Sunday when his family came over for dinner. =) We used to have dinner together every Sunday, and I watched the nephews grow up throughout the years.  How time flies..

IMG_6731

Time flies and Chinook is now such a big boy.  I still remember how excited I was when the husband drove me to the pet farm to pick a puppy for my birthday, how Chinook stepped shit all over me the first morning he was home, how I spent hours just looking at him and see him sleep.  He was so tiny then.  I didn’t realize how much he meant to me, till I cried when I had to leave him with the husband while I left for Sweden.  It wasn’t that long ago that I did not even like dogs, yet the husband brought me to dog shows frequent enough to make me fall in love with dogs.  I used to tell him (like what my parents say) that I might as well bring up a human than a dog.  Now, perhaps I might rather bring up a dog than a human.

We got Chikey because the FIL was too attached to Chinook and we couldn't bear to bring him over.  I missed having a dog around.  Chikey is the exact type of dachshund that I liked all along.  Years ago, dachshunds were rare and expensive and we settle for Chinook because there weren't any long-haired ones within budget.  Chikey is really cute and smart but really naughty!

IMG_5325

IMG_6560

IMG_6092

IMG_6933

IMG_6965

IMG_6825

They make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment