Wednesday, May 29, 2013

.::. Swim, Swam, Shrunk .::.

I've started regular exercise yet again. Badminton and jogging hurts my knee, and the kickboxing I enjoy so much at the gym is somewhat far to go from office. I started swimming again after many donkey years. Surprisingly, I still swim well. I've forgot how much I loved swimming as a child.

Lucky for me, the pool is practically across the street, a 5-minute walk away.  I simply walk there with my suit below my clothes, strip and jump into the pool, then dry myself and walk back dressed in the same clothes. The whole workout takes about an hour and I still get to cook after swimming on weekdays.

IMG_6486

IMG_6861

Enroute to the pool in the evening.

IMG_6418

IMG_6502

The lap pool.  I love lap pools.  If I ever buy a condominium, I want one with a lap pool. Indoors (or sheltered) preferably!

I've set an aim for myself. To swim 1000 laps before the year ends.  I don't do things without setting aims. The initial plan was to do 50 laps a week.  I did it for quite a few weeks, but the rain and menses and the recent migraines put a halt to my somewhat ambition plans.  Somedays, I go to the pool when it's cloudy, only to realize that it's closed due to bad weather. That said, I will still do that 1000 laps this year!

Initially, it wasn't that easy going back to swimming full swing.  One lap of free-style made me breathless and tired.  I only managed to do a few free-style laps. Then it got easier after some time and I do alternate free-style and frog-style laps now.

IMG_7033

I mentioned to the husband that I needed a stop-watch to time my laps.  These came in the mail few weeks later!

IMG_7113

I wear the watch to my swims these days and time my laps.  It pushes me to go faster.

IMG_7171

My fastest time for 30 laps is almost 47 minutes.  I hover between 47-48 minutes mostly and can't seem to get the timing down.

I'm aiming to go 45 minutes and below for 30 laps. Will try harder and report back when I manage to do it!

While hoping to shed some flab, the most important thing is to stay fit and healthy. I don't believe that anyone can stay healthy without regular exercise and being on your butt most of the time. I feel so much more toned and strong after these few months.

To fitness, health, and goals! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment