Sunday, April 6, 2014

.::. 2014: Q1 update .::.


Here we are, with quarter one behind us. Judging from the lack of updates, it’s apparent that things have been crazy. I’ve no idea where all the time went, and the pace keeps getting faster and faster. Most of the days, I’m too tired to even on my laptop when I get home. It has never happened, till recent years.  During the days that I’m home early, I usually cook and just want to watch some television and laze on my sofa/bed. There isn’t that much time after the cleaning-up anyway. My iphone becomes the most used device ever, and contains fragments of whatever worth remembering. Life has been good, and I have been happy, in a calm and contented sort of way. Nothing too exciting, but nothing to feel upset about either, but I've been overworked and tired. My schedule is so packed that days simply fly by. I tell myself it’s alright to work harder now, just so we can slow down when kids come along and focus on them instead. There’s a lot of anticipation for our future, things that we’re working towards, things that keep us going. And yes, having a warm and loving home to come home to everyday makes everything else feel insignificant. =)

I’m getting used to the new role, and getting up at 5am every morning. There’s a lot to learn and do, but there are things that I like about the working environment, especially being able to end work at 4.30pm. The best thing about working in Tuas is that it makes me pack my own lunchboxes (healthier and cheaper!) and there’s no way I can spend money. I don’t have that much of ambition when it comes to work, and working is just a means to an end of being financially free someday. Someday, when my investments pay me as much as my job do or rather enough for a comfortable lifestyle. No plans for any long vacation this year because I'm too busy, next year perhaps.

Looking at my resolutions, I’ve been disciplined and on track financially, growing my portfolio and passive income. I’m not so sure about the physical and studies part though. I haven’t had enough time for enough exercise and I’m feeling lethargic and tired a lot. I think it’s probably the lack of sleep – 5 hours a day isn’t enough for me and trying to sleep before midnight is a challenge. I haven’t even started revising for my exam in June and it doesn’t help that it’s a weekend of weddings right before my exams. I’m looking forward to the 2 girlfriends’ wedding though!

A typical week is now 45 hours of work, 5 hours of tuition, 7 hours of class. Oh, and one hour of ironing on Sundays, some hours of cooking. Weekends are spent working on our little online business, sometimes on sourcing trips or fleas and other administrative stuff. I’m just struggling to get whatever I can done, including housework and packing lunches. What I learnt recent years is to take a day at a time and just focus on what needs to be done to avoid feeling overwhelmed and stressed-up.

I haven’t been lucky these days. 2 weeks ago, I had a bad fall and sprained my feet. We were hailing a cab to meet his friends and it took some time to get one. I hate being late and was rushing through the grass by the road. The husband went in first while I slipped and closed the taxi door as I fell. I fell right on the road, between the curb and the taxi, stuck in a small space and in pain. The husband who has went in first couldn’t see me from inside the cab and took him some time to open the taxi door to find me. There I was on the road, in a weird angle and knocking on the taxi, fearing that it may drive off. And so, I was in a lot of pain the next morning and limped off to a TCM. Thankfully, the pain subsided quite abit the next day and I only limped for 2 days. Did I mention that the husband was laughing and saying that he should take a picture of me?

The last day of the quarter was probably one of the worst days. It’s a Monday. My iPhone dropped into the toilet bowl! It began flashing the apple logo and weird stuff after I off it. It’s now dead even after lying in a ziplock bag full of rice in my dry cabinet. I didn’t back-up my stuff! And when I decided that I can’t go to class without a phone and went home, bird shit fell on my shoulders and bag. It was a 5 minute walk from the bus-stop! What are the odds of everything happening at the same time?! It’s so horrible that it almost sound funny.

And so, I believe that the year can only get better. Afterall, it really isn’t that bad, just small things that I probably wouldn’t remember if I didn’t get this down.

To better quarters ahead ~

No comments:

Post a Comment