Wednesday, June 18, 2014

.::. Our home feature on Renotalk .::.

Our home is featured on one of the articles on Renotalk.

http://www.renotalk.com/articles/431/Scandinavian-Scent

It isn't much, simply a compilation of the pictures that I have already shared online like 2 years ago, and they got me to answer a few questions which they did not publish in full. I suppose that part about asking people to reconsider H.E.R.F flooring and highlighting its potential issues wouldn't do their advertisement fees good. Neither will my humble contractor with his little firm look good on their site.

I still recommend my contractor without reservations, mainly because I feel that he's an honest and responsible business man who gets things done. He visits his projects daily around the island and has a dedicated group of mostly Malaysian workers unlike many who have switched to bangalas and ah tiongs. He's definitely not the cheapest, but have been very responsive and prompt throughout the whole renovation and accommodated all our delays with our carpentry. Most importantly, if there are issues, you can talk to him and get things solved.  I suppose it's the trust and rapport we had when working with him. I've wrote about my experience with him extensively - just click on 'renovation' on the right.

We still keep in contact with him and are on good terms. People who know him would know that he's quite funny, prompt and down-to-earth. He has atrocious english, and even his mandarin isn't that good when it comes to writing. Sometimes, when I tell him that some people complain that he's not responsive and did not reply emails, he would ask me to help tell those people to call him instead of sending him emails (in English). He has very very bad English, so don't expect replies when he can barely understand the contents. I think it's a problem to work with him if you can't speak mandarin or malay.

Here's his contact and Facebook page where you can see his other projects. His other project was featured in My Paper but did not mention him too - papers seem to like publicizing big ID names but make no mention of contractors who does the job.

Kevin
9022 - 2321

https://www.facebook.com/pages/H2O-Interior-Renovation/536321743070166


No comments:

Post a Comment