Saturday, August 16, 2014

.::. It's the little things .::.

Few weeks back, we celebrated Edward's one-year-old birthday with our friend. Edward's a really big baby and he was running around the whole place the entire afternoon. Looking at how quickly the children grow up around us makes me acutely aware of how time passes us by.



IMG_20140719_193318

Here's a picture of Edward enjoying his snack.

IMG_20140719_232041

The point is, I wanted to remember this day.

I love attending my friends' children's birthday parties and weddings, mostly because it's where you get to meet your friends and catch up. The few that meet often are people whom I really care about. I was intending to spend the evening chatting with these people till the husband suddenly said that he needed to go to town 'to collect something'. It sounds very fishy, because well, the husband does not buy much. And what do you buy that needs you to collect from town by 8pm?

I kept asking him about it but he stood his ground. The husband is good with secrets like that. He secretly enjoys being able to fool an unsuspecting wife who would keep guessing and hounding him. He never lets any clue out though. After awhile, it became apparent that we were going to Marina Bay Sands. He refused to admit it till we were there. Putting all the pieces together, I proudly guessed that he was bringing me to watch the fireworks. He, as usual, smiled and refused to divulge anything. Well, many people were at MBS trying to catch the national day rehearsal fireworks, and it was around 8pm too! Makes sense right?

Apparently not. I was happily rushing with the hoards of people, thinking that we're trying to get up to street level for a good spot before the fireworks starts. Before I knew it, I was pulled into the MBS theatre!

He was bringing me to watch the 'Sound of Music'! As usual, he manages to pull off another surprise with an unsuspecting wife. You should see the proud smirk on his face, sometimes teasing how 'dumb' I can be. We laugh at each other that way, but I was overflowing with love yet again.

I didn't even know 'Sound of Music' was on! We enjoy musicals, and my favorite is still 'Wicked'. But then again, 'Sound of Music' holds a special place in my heart because I used to watch the movie again and again on tape as a child. It was also why I always wanted to visit Innsbruck and the mountains in Austria.

I get really happy about these small things. It's these little things that make me feel exceptionally blessed and loved. *thankful*

No comments:

Post a Comment