Wednesday, August 26, 2009

.::. Nation Hopping .::.

Lund is a very small university town and shops are obviously closed early. There are many 'nations' in Lund though, they are actually student sororities which are run by students and organizes many activities. They serve cheap beers and meals and they are also where all the pubs and clubs are. It's where you find ALL the students at night.



Outdoor seating of one of the nations.



I had an italian dish, moussaka yesterday and had a burger today. The food in nations are quite reasonably priced, at about $6-$8 and a beer costs about $5.



With Anny, a taiwanese and Emma, a french girl. I'm trying to learn some french from her but I'm really bad at it. After the dinner and beers at one of the nation, we went to the other nation which has a club open tonight. All nations have clubs and pubs open at different nights. This means that there will always be a club or pub open every single night since there are 13 nations.



This is the freaking long queue at 9plus before the club is even open. As the clock inches, the crowd grew and so many people tried to cut the queue or have friends to join them. It got so squeezy that we decided to leave before we even stepped into the club.

We conclude that most of the students here simply drink and club everynight. Mostly, it's visiting nations to drink, then club and more drinking. I really dislike clubbing, I'm not a clubbing kinda girl and I don't see why I'd spend time to go inside and squeeze! *sigh. Maybe I'm too old for these. Not my idea of fun at all.

It's really cold to cycle home at night! The temperature drops and it's so windy. Not to mention that after it gets dark my sense of direction is really bad. Luckily a mentor lives near me and I found my way home. =)

I got to know a group of taiwanese, who lives with a french girl. We're going over to their place to cook together and have dinner tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment