Sunday, August 2, 2009

.::. Food I will miss .::.

I had all these this weekend! I'm trying to eat all my favourite foods before I leave...Food which will not be available in Europe.



Yakun's fluffy eggs and crispy-thin kaya-butter toast for lunch on Saturday. I don't know how they do it, but their eggs are so fluffy!! Maybe I can try to make this myself and buy some yakun kaya over. But it will not really be the same anymore.



Durians along Sim Ave with his parents after dinner tonight. His dad brought us to this store instead of the one we frequent opposite WenDouSek around Geylang Lorong 17. Though the durians seem more bitter ( I like!) here, I think the service at the Geylang store is better. We found some unknown ant-like insects (alot of them!!!) in 2 of their durians and they had to change it for us. Let's say they weren't very happy about that and had to pack the durians into styrofoam boxes ourselves. Mama loves durians and everytime I eat durian, I'll buy them back for her.

On a side note, washing your hands with the water put inside the durian shell really does take away the durian odour!! I'm still amazed though it's the second time I tried it. I even rinsed my mouth with the water from it this time. I heard that if you drink water from the durian shell, it takes away the heatiness from eating durian. Really???!!



I ta-baoed this home for supper. My favourite tau huay ever. Rochor Beancurd - the one at Geylang Lorong 39!

Gosh. I won't be able to eat this for at least 10 whole months!

I intend to hit Newton next weekend for my favourite local fares. *yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment