Wednesday, September 16, 2009

.::. Crayfish Party .::.

Went with Fai to a 'traditional' Swedish Crayfish Party last Saturday since it was crayfish season now.



The pizza-looking pie was REALLY saltish! The first mouthful, I thought that perhaps they didn't spread the salt evenly. But when I had a second mouthful, it was like eating a mouthful of salt - only worst! Obviously I couldn't make myself take another mouthful.

The crayfish looked like red prawns with very hard shells, bigger heads and less meat. It takes quite awhile to take out the very hard shells to access that little bit of meat. It isn't fantastic, prawns are probably better!



The people here can hold parties EVERYWHERE. This party was held in a library and really hard to find. They just put rows of tables and chairs in there and party. It's really squeezy.



In between eating, they will sing and bang on the tables. The songs are weird, one was about birth control.



People were supposed to bring their own drinks and many brought liquor and beers, except me who had hot green tea in my flask. Hahs. People must think I'm a freak. A Swedish girl even told me about the peer pressure when it comes to drinking here. Even if you don't like it, you have to drink, lest get ridiculed by your friends. I just don't get it.

By 10pm everyone was ready to head to a 'nation' for clubbing. And obviously, I went home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment