Wednesday, September 23, 2009

.::. Learning .::.

Everyday is a learning experience.

When I first came, and knew nothing and no one. Everyday seemed like a challenge. There was the getting orientated around Lund and lossing my way all the time before I finally knew my way around well enough to go around without a map, then there was all the different things which I had to get done. It isn't extremely difficult, but it was somewhat stressful and I felt like I was trying hard everyday. Perhaps that was the very thing I wanted - to get out of my comfort zone and comfortable little corner in a tiny country.

But once school started, it opened a whole new world of learning. I'm not sure if it's the different learning style or if it's simply just a higher level of learning, but lecturers don't seem to teach that much. Lectures are about about 1.5hr minus the break, but lecturers talk rather slowly (abit to slow for my liking, and the lights are so dim that it makes me sleepy!) and don't teach that much really. Most of the stuff are in the readings which you have to self-study. Then there's practically a 5-page report due every week, with presentations. The reports are not that difficult, just that you need to do quite abit of research and really think through it. It's really different from my UOL course which lecturers seem to try to go through alot in lectures and give us lots of notes to digest, it was more theoretical and we didn't have to do much research.

As all the reports are group work and graded, it takes up alot of time. It's all good if you've good group mates who have the same understanding and we can discuss and grasp different concepts or point-of-view easily. But it's a disaster when you can't seem to make them understand no matter how hard you try and how much you help to guide them. It's so frustrating and wastes so much of precious time.

Perhaps it's another sort of learning process here, working with people with different backgrounds and education. I must learn how to handle it and get things done anyway.

I've 3 more reports due in 2 weeks time, exams are in 4 weeks and there's 2 textbooks and lots of journals to read.

The boyfriend is going to watch F1 cars and see them fix their tyres tomorrow! Some learning for his FSAE team I guess, so he's learning back home too. I wished I were home to see some action and I hope he sees Lewis Hamilton and get his autograph for me. Hahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment