Wednesday, September 30, 2009

.::. Hello Gloomy Days .::.



All these, after a cold and stressful-blah day. I was cold and stressed enough to go get a bottle of red wine. My roomate didn't have lessons today and prepared dinner.

Sweden seems to have very strict restrictions on alcohol which is rather ironic to me. They only sell alcohol (with more than 3.5% alcohol content) in special liquor shops which only open till 7pm on weekdays and probably very limited hours on Saturdays. You've to show your ID to prove your age every time you buy any alcohol and there are always huge queues in the store, especially on Friday evenings. And it's illegal to be caught drinking in public (except in al fresco bars and restaurants), except in Lund and another town if I'm not wrong.

Alcohol is expensive here, relative to Europe I guess. I heard that many people would take a train to Coppenhagen (40 minutes away) to stock up alcohol. I've been hearing that French wine is expensive here, but they are about $10 for the cheapest range and $2o for the expensive ones. It seems rather cheap to me, maybe because alcohol is expensive in Singapore and I'm so used to expensive alcohol that this appears cheap.

I'm not too good with alcohol, wine especially! I always get all red (even the whites of my eyes) that people think I'm drunk when all I feel is a really hot face. But I reckon some red wine would do me good when it's getting cold.

By the way, it's about 10 degrees now. When I left house for school at 7am this morning, I was breathing out 'smoke'. I feel assaulted by the wind everytime I walk from the indoors to the outdoors!



Yesterday was a rare sunny day and I had no classes. I managed to take a walk to the beach. I pass by this supermarket everytime I walk to the beach. ICA is the biggest supermarket chain in Sweden and it's everywhere. We do our grocery shopping here most of the time. Check out the bicycle with the kids 'trolley' behind.



It was cold and windy even when it was sunny.



Sunny days are numbered. More cold and gloomy days ahead.

I heard that Singapore experienced tremors due to the earthquake in Indonesia. It appears to be more widespread and this is getting rather frequent. It's scary though I've never experienced an earthquake. I remembered that during Geography lessons in Secondary School, the teacher mentioned that if the plates move enough after many earthquakes, there might be a chance that Singapore would not be shielded from earthquakes anymore. This means that we might have earthquakes in future? This isn't a good thing considering that we have so many high-rise buildings which are almost definitely not earthquake-proof!

And...'The Wedding of the year'! My Chinese coursemate knew about it too...I want a Vera Wang gown! As much as I love weddings and they make me so touched all the time, I still think that marriage is such a big responsibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment