Friday, December 11, 2009

.::. COP 15 .::.




Climate change sensationalised.

Advertisements are everywhere and all everyone talks about is COP 15 at Copenhaggen these days.

I've mixed feelings. It's simply ridiculous that the whole world is flocking to Copenhagen for this and it's ironic that they are emitting so much CO2 just to come here to try to negotiate a reduction in CO2. There is so much to capitalize on, so many players, so many voices. It appears that a satisfying result is elusive. I'm skeptical or even somewhat cynical, because humans are selfish by nature and I think many people talk about it but not many really take action. The complexity embedded in such issues makes it almost impossible to result in a satisfying result for all.

Nevertheless, it's THE event of the year and I'm 'lucky' enough to be at this part of the world at this time; I'm going to check it out!

I'm going to visit Copenhagen and part of the exhibitions around the conference tomorrow. Thanks to my roommate who is in the environmental programme, we managed to get free VIP passes for the Bright Green Expo. There also this demonstration around that area in the afternoon too.

It's going to be field day for pictures!

P/S: 10 days before HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment