Saturday, December 19, 2009

.::. Umeå .::.

Umeå is in the Northern part of Sweden, a 15 hour train ride away from Malmo.

We were really unlucky. The train which we reserved seats was delayed for more than an hour. We had to change our tickets and ended up taking a train to Sundervale before changing a bus to Umeå. It was freezing when we reached Sundervale at 4am and had to wait for an hour before we got up the connecting bus. It was minus 24 degrees that night, ridiculously cold.



The sun rises at about 9am here. When I opened my eyes, beautiful skies greeted me.



There is always beautiful scenery enroute on bus rides, but it's so difficult to capture them on a moving bus.



The weather was really great yesterday, though it's a freezing minus 24 degrees.



This was when we almost reached town. The whole river was frozen.

How cold is minus 24 degrees? Very very cold.

My feet was so cold, numb and painful that I had no choice but to buy a pair of warm snow boots here. I'm really warm and cozy after getting that pair of boots though. Minus 24 degrees is bearable!

Then again, snow is beautiful. Really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment