Tuesday, January 12, 2010

.::. Braces .::.

I chanced upon the CD which my orthodontist gave me after I took off my braces. Amidst the rush of preparing for Sweden, taking off my braces and packing, I actually did not have time to check out the pictures.

Braces cost me a Europe trip over about 14 months. I'm lucky, I did not need to extract any teeth because I have 3 less teeth than normal people anyway. This meant that I had lots of space and gaps in between my teeth and a bad overbite problem. In addition to that, I still have one more baby teeth because I do not have adult teeth to replace that particular tooth. It isn't a good thing since baby teeth is less strong and decays easily!



Before. It wasn't that bad, but I hated the gaps which traps lots of food and the bad overbite problem.



After. No more overbite problem, no more gaps. Hello, neat teeth!



Before.



After.

I love my neat teeth though I have to wear retainers every night to make sure they don't shift.

The best thing which came out of braces is how I am so much more conscious about oral hygiene. I used to be very lazy when it came to brushing teeth as a child. I didn't really care about my teeth. There was once when I had a toothache as my wisdom teeth was coming out, and it just suddenly hit me that I wanted to do something for my teeth. I don't think I will ever have the courage to have plastic surgery or do anything to my face, so the best thing I could do for myself is to have neat teeth and a nice smile.

It kickstarted my braces journey and I went to the dentist every 3 weeks or so, paying for it through my mearge monthly pay. I'm really glad I had the courage to go through it though, especially for someone who's terrified of the dentist. I don't exactly think that my face-shape changed for the better at all, I even prefer my pre-braces face shape. But well...

I still love my neat teeth, and I'll make sure it stays neat that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment