Friday, February 12, 2010

.::. Chinese New Year .::.

I'm not going to celebrate Chinese New Year this year. Obviously not, when I'm this far away from home, in a country with a non-existent 'Chinatown'.

I realized that 'Chinese New Year' meant alot more to me than I thought. Afterall, we do celebrate it every single year and don't feel much about it. But now that I'm here, the first time in my life that I'm not celebrating it, I actually feel very sorry for missing it. The thought of it makes me very depressed and I can't help it, can't seem to pull myself out of it. I just have to cope with it and ignore it.

I miss the atmosphere, when everyone goes shopping, doll up and buy lots of goodies to prepare for it. I miss the crowded supermarkets which repeats annoying chinese new year songs, with impatient people shoving their way around and the snaking long queues. Who can resist the goodies and all the gatherings and steamboat? I really miss walking down the noisy and crowded Chinatown - the atmosphere is unbeatable.

Chinese New Year is a period of indulgence, of joy, of togetherness. No reunion dinner for me this year, no visiting, no dressing up, no nothing! Amazingly, Chinese New Year coincides with the only time I bother painting my nails once a year.

Don't quite understand why some people would rather go on holiday instead of celebrating Chinese New Year! I guess I really wouldn't miss it if I had a choice. I really should stop being whiney about it and take heart that I have many more Chinese New Years to celebrate ahead.

I'm going to Stockholm for the weekend with Emma to get away from loneliness and homesickness. Emma is this really cute and kind french girl who makes really good dessert and makes me laugh. Since she really wants to visit Stockholm and I've 3 days left on my Europass, why not?

Not being home with all my loved ones make celebrating this occasion somewhat pointless for me. It's that whole atmosphere and feeling which I crave for and could never get here.

May all my beloveds stay happy and healthy.

I'm going to Stockholm and enjoy this weekend! =)

15 weeks. Feels way too long, yet seem so short at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment