Tuesday, February 16, 2010

.::. Loves .::.



Braved the snow and cycled to the post office to collect a package from dear Chye! It wasn't that bad though, snow was slight on Monday although it snowed the whole day. It was quite a beautiful sight with the snow floating in the air. It wasn't too cold, somewhat warmer than Stockholm!

It means alot to receive something from Chye, since she can be too lazy to even reply emails! She even handmade wrapers and wrapped it around green tea sachets - damn sweet la! Thank you girl! I miss the girls so much.

The other package which the boyfriend sent over has not arrived. =( I received some letter asking for my personal number for the package to clear custom. It said that I might be asked to pay tax (but should not be the case), and said that I have to pay SGD45 a administrative fee regardless the need for tax. I'm damn pissed - isn't it their job to check the package in the first place? Why should I pay more on top of the postage which is already ridiculously expensive? I hate the way things are done here, and I've no idea when my package would arrive nor if I'll be charged. But there is no doubt that I am going to complain and try to get it waived. There have been so many occasions that I am writing complain letters and making a big fuss over things like that. I think people here are either too rich or too lazy to do anything but pay just to avoid confrontations.



I bought Korrs Hot and Sour soup mix just before I left Singapore! My roommate brought quite a few packets from Taiwan but I have not seen it in Singapore till the last day. It costs $1.60 a packet and is surprisingly good! I think I bought like one dozen here and it satisfies my craving for Crystal Jade's noodles. I bought chinese black vinegar from the Asian supermarket yesterday - costs me $12!! But it made this hot and soup soup 'mian xian' so damn good! I love chinese black vinegar. I'm going to wrap dumplings and have them with black vinegar some day!



I had Ikan Bilis soup with onions, carrots, black pepper and lots of wolfberries some days back. I love it, it's very sweet and healthy!



This is like the only picture which I took with Emma in Stockholm. Stockholm was...cold. It's pretty small for a capital city and we covered most of it in 1.5 days. While I think that it'll be beautiful during summer, with it being surrounded by lots of water, I am quite disappointed. I've no idea what I expected, but Oslo and Paris sure raised my expectations of capital cities. Paris is my favourite city in Europe so far, though I haven't been to that many!

Still, it has been a nice weekend getaway with Emma, my valentine. I guess it's quite rare to meet someone who's relatively similar to me in many ways. It makes our chats really comfortable and enjoyable. I am going to learn baking from her ferociously these months!

After a weekend of hiatus, I'm drowning in a sea of readings and research. I've so much to do and read, my brain is malfunctioning already. *sigh.

It's a long day tomorrow.

1 essay
1 case study
2 presentations
2 exams
1 thesis
-the end-

No comments:

Post a Comment