Wednesday, February 24, 2010

.::. Delicious Kässpatzen .::.

We had dinner with the usual people last night. It was Julia's turn to make a traditional German dish which her grandmother makes often. It's a rather heavy dish with lots of cheese - 2 different kind of 'spicy' and 'smelly' cheese which is 'not too young'.



Cute Emma mixing the eggs and flour.



Julia cooking the flour. She hwas this very cool tool for this - you pour the dough into that tool and start 'grating' it into the boiling water. The dough turns out to be really bouncy and in small pieces! I think it should taste good as home-made pasta too! I liked the texture of it. I was totally impressed when she started doing it - I want one of that tool, so I can go back and share this with all my friends back home!!



Kässpatzen or Allgäuer Kässpatzen as it is called Allgäu where Julia came from (south of Germany).

We mix the hot and cooked dough with a big heap of grated cheese to create this dish. I think it can be served with onions sauteed in butter too. We didn't mix it in because Anny doesn't eat onions.



We had it with some bread, salad and topped it with butter-sauteed onions. Major yums! I would have loved more onions, it goes very well together.

It didn't look very nice when it was sticky and looking worm-like right out of the boiling water. But it tasted so good! I reckon this isn't such a healthy dish with all the cheese, but definitely major loves for cheese-lovers!

Next up - chocolate fondue night. =_="

Looks like gym-ing 3 times a week is not exactly sufficient..

No comments:

Post a Comment