Saturday, March 13, 2010

.::. Cheese & Wine .::.

Yesterday was 'Cheese & Wine' night at Dorota's place, just 5minutes walk away. =)

Each of us were supposed to bring a cheese and some wine, while Dorota baked fresh bread to go with it.



She stays with her boyfriend in this really cosy apartment.



I love the slated walls.



It's the first time I stepped into a cheese shop to get cheese. I'm totally overwhelmed by the different types of cheeses, and embarassed to know practically nothing about it. The shopkeeper was this really nice old Swedish man who explained alot about the different types of cheeses to me. He even invited me back to his shop to have 'cheese lessons' when I'm free. He's quite curious about Singapore and how are are so modern and have English as our native language regardless of ethicity.

I got a strong swiss cheese called Appenzeller. It's really stinky, but perfect for that German dish...A bit too strong to go with bread for me though. My favourite was the 'Barvarian Blue' german cheese.



Here are some of us, trying to make sense of the different cheeses.

It was a nice Friday evening, lazing around and chatting with people. I will miss these dinners/gatherings the most when I go back...It's different when you live with your parents, and you won't get to enjoy such evenings. It's really relaxing and slow-paced here.

I'm super lousy. I always have a 'hangover' or headache after having wine the night before. I only had a glass and totally didn't feel anything last night, but I always seem to have a headache the day after. *sigh.

Wine gives me headaches???!

No comments:

Post a Comment