Wednesday, March 10, 2010

.::. Men .::.


I've been following the biggest news back home - the Jack Neo saga, since my little brother told me about the gossip excitedly a few days back. I don't like him to begin with and never really liked any of his movies. Somehow I just didn't liked him despite the craze about all his movies and reputation.

Seriously, he's so old and isn't even charming at all! He's so sick to be using his fame and power to hit on those young girls - the youngest one is 16 and just 2 years older than his own daughter. I'm truely disgusted! I can't comprehend what sort of men could do such things. Some people says that his personal life should be kept separated from his work, but I find it difficult to evaluate both separately since his work is built around morals and certain values such as the family unit in the Singapore society. Moreover, supporting him merely puts him in the position to exploit more guilliable, young girls.

It's amazing that people are commenting about how ugly the girl is and how women try to use seduction to get them to places. Arghz! But these girls are so young, and probably naive. He's the old guy who is preying on them! It seems like the men could do no wrong in this society, it is always natural for men to stray and be forgiven.

I pity the wife, since she has been married to him for 27 years, which means she married him when she was only 19. You can imagine that he is the core of her life, her everything. *sigh. It's no wonder she 'closes one eye' for the family and the kids.

It's no wonder why so many are starting to lose faith in the institution of marriage. It's saddening. This is worse than Tiger Wood. There are so many scandals out there that you ain't really surprised when things like this happen anymore. Desentized. Do fame and wealth really induce men to be unfaithful, eroding morals and values?

Single people out there lament about their loneliness and long to have someone special. Couples struggle to compromise and cope with various conflicts to maintain the relationship. Married couples struggle to keep the flame alive while coping with the many demands and pressure from marital life.

The irony of it all. Men. Life.

There are times I wonder, why do we choose to live life as such and to be subjected to so much pressure. Why do we want so much? Why do we try so hard? Why must I worry about saving for old age and illness? Why must I work so hard? Why must I find a good job and work 12 hours a day? Why must I get married and have kids?

Why can't I simply find a small hut and enjoy the rest of my life without all these worries and pressure?

My brother was telling me that he wanted financial freedom. It is ironic because our idea of financial freedom is to be able to afford things that we want without worrying about money. It is precisely all these wants such as houses, cars, luxuries which prevents us from having any freedom as we get tied down by loans. It's our wants which prevent us from having any freedom, having to slog our lives away for this so-called financial freedom.

Men. People. Life. Why. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment