Monday, March 15, 2010

.::. Making Sense .::.

Perhaps the worst thing about the Singapore culture is that nothing makes sense to them unless it could be calculated into dollars and cents. Our lives is like a balance sheet, which leaves no room for invaluable experiences, unless it comes with dollar and cents too. Where do you put those, or give a value to these experiences?

I'm marching towards a quarter of a century old. I don't want to be rich, I don't care if I will suffer without enough money for old age. I don't mind dying early, as long I can accomplish what I set out to do this lifetime. The richness and happiness in my life shall not be calculated by its length or the dollars and cents, but by my experiences and moments I feel thankful for.

I was brought up to think in dollars and cents but I refuse to program my life that way though I'm very much being moulded that way.

I want to spend months in France to learn French and to learn baking. I want to spend more months in Japan to perfect my Japanese. Then, I want to spend months traveling to meet more people and experience life.

It's good to have dreams. Some people follow their dreams while some people stay constrained by boudaries and expectations of others.

I'm not sure which am I yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment