Friday, April 9, 2010

.::. Shit Happens .::.

I was still using my laptop to take down notes during the meeting with the professors for our thesis yesterday morning. The next thing I know, the laptop doesn't work when I tried to on it at night. *sigh!

It's ridiculous. It's so new, everything works fine, just that the screen shows nothing. It is like god is playing a joke on me, now that I've 8 weeks left here and have to work hard on my thesis.

One thing I learnt here is to take things in my stride and not let things get to me, especially things I could not change. All I could do is make the best out of it and look forward. There are times when all I feel like doing is to hide under my blanket and cry, but I refuse to waste my precious time like that.

The laptop still works well when connected to a monitor. I managed to borrow one old monitor from Tobias, and he helped me carry the big-fat-heavy monitor to the train station, after which I had to carry it myself down the train and to change another bus home. My goodness, it was so heavy, I nearly died! The monitor works well, though it 'turns off' after some time, and I've to unplug the electric supply and reconnect it all the time. But well, at least it works! I hope it lasts me through the next 8 weeks.

It's impossible to repair the laptop here since it cost 60euros just for checking, and might cost a bomb if I've to replace something. It should be free back home since it's under warranty. Moreover, I'm well aware of the efficiency here - I'll die without a computer for the next 4 weeks!

So yea, shit happens but I'm thankful that it ain't that bad. It could have been worse.

I'm indebted to many people who have helped me in one way or another the past months. I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment