Saturday, April 24, 2010

.::. Hunger .::.

I do feel that I'm deprived of food here. While there's dessert and the weekly dinners, it's just different. We usually have salad and a dish here. All I can say is, the variety, texture and taste of Asian food is so much more than what Europeans are used to. I miss ordering one whole table of hawker food! I miss tasting spicy, soupy, sour, salty and sweet all in one meal.



The cheesecake for Emma's birthday turned out rather well! It tastes like a REAL cheesecake, heavy and thick, just like the way I love it. I also tried making lasagne that day, it was a success too.

P.S. I dislike Japanese light cheesecake.



One of our weekly dinners. Salad and french salty cake. It was good, but well...



Continental breakfast for brunch last weekend. Oven-pancakes, scones, crepes, fruits and corn.

I realized that I dislike continental breakfast, too much flour! Moreover, I prefer salty food in the morning. It was then, that I realized that I'm alot more 'American' than 'European' although Singapore used to be a British Colony. Many of our habits and stuff seems to be more aligned with the American culture.

I love eggs for breakfast. My favourite breakfast has got to be eggs (scrambled, sunny-side-up, soft-boiled or omelette), with sausages or bacon, some baked beans with toast. I went to check, it's called 'American Breakfast'. I do like pancakes and scones, though I can't swallow too much flour for breakfast.

Then, there's the Vegetarian bee hoon, chwee kway and cheong fan, prata, egg tarts and beancurd. Perhaps, I still prefer Asian breakfast - think HK's yum cha.



I hardly eat meat here, because it's expensive. I had my first piece of steak here yesterday, because it was on sale in the supermarket. 2 pieces for 6sgd! I had it with oven-baked potatoes. *yums!!! I forgot how much I love meat, I'm a carnivore at heart really.

There are many vegetarians in Europe. The most common reason is perhaps that their family were vegetarians or that they condemn the killing of animals.

Oh well, for someone who lives to eat like me, I need my good food. Otherwise, life is not worth living.

Seriously.

I can't wait to go home and EAT. I totally feel deprived here, food-wise at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment