Tuesday, May 11, 2010

.::. Back .::.

I'm back from a 9 day trip to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. It has been a really great trip, traveling with the classmates and probably the best 'big' group trip. But I'm so tired, and I think I'll definitely not have the stamina to travel like that in a few year's time!

Youth is fleeting.

Prague was beautiful, Vienna was artsy, Budapest comes alive at night.

People in Prague were aggressive, service in Vienna was the worse, Budapest was so dusty it gave me sore-throat. Budapest also had the most expensive food our of the 3 cities, surprisingly!

Might try to blog about the trips soon, but gotta do some serious writing instead for the next 2 weeks. Time to finish the last chapter of our thesis! So far so good, we only have the analysis part, which is probably the most important too. Page count stands at 50 currently.

I miss home.

I miss Singapore.

*sigh. Yet I really cherish the last weeks I have here.



Dinner tonight. Pan-fried chicken breast, rosti (shreded potatoes) and boiled brocoli with yougurt dip.



I fell in love with this yougurt with garlic and cucumber after Julia bought it for the German dinner. She used it to dip potatoes and asparagus.

My mum keep sending me emails about how bad butter and sugar are. But I'm wondering, why is it that Europeans seem to cook with so much cream, have so many dips and sauces, cook with butter, eat so much bread, cook with bacon often and have so many desserts, yet stay rather healthy. My mum will definitely freak out if she sees how much cream is used in French food! Things like cream soup, tartes and the desserts. I can totally imagine her going on and on about health and all. Even when I'm here, they manage to send me so many emails about it. I seriously dread being nagged about food when I'm back.



I'm a happy girl, because meat is cheap these days - 5sgd for 1kg! I seldom buy meat unless it's on sale. Maybe Spring is coming, and there are many meats for BBQ. It's always on sale when it's near it's expiry dates. I simply buy them back and freeze it, then pan-fry them. *yums!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment