Sunday, May 2, 2010

.::. Valborg .::.

Valborg is an unofficial holiday on the 30th April where most people get half the day off and gather in the park. Basically, the 'celebration' is to gather in the park, drink and get wasted.



Our 'camp'. It was raining most of the morning, yet so many people were gathered in the park. I was seriously cursing, wondering what's so fun about this festival! At least it stopped raining afterwards and it was amusing to observe people there to say the least. That is probably the only reason I went in the first place.



The main stage area where loud music were blasting and people were partying.




This is a common sight everywhere despite the many toilets around.

So many people were drunk and doing crazy things. It's difficult to make sense of such 'culture', much less enjoy it. Swedish people like to drink TO get drunk. Every weekend, and countless such occasions. It's where people get wasted, lose their virginity, lose their valuables, get hurt but yet enjoy themselves. And from what I've heard, such festivals are quite common around Europe.

This year is about opening the heart to experiece new things. But that certainly does not mean enjoying nor accepting everything.When I say I wouldn't stay long, people like to ask me 'WHY?'. Some people give you the 'What's wrong with you' look when you leave parties early. Why? Because I don't really enjoy parties like that and I'd rather be at home or anywhere else doing something I enjoy more. I'm different. That's why.

Is it so difficult to understand why some people dislike parties and do not like destroying their livers?

Weird or strange or not, it really depends on where you are standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment