Wednesday, September 22, 2010

.::. Exertion .::.

I finally went for Bodycombat/Kickboxing after more than a year because the class at Suntec is always full even when I tried calling in advance! I went to the Vivo branch today and it's so much less crowded. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed it. I love the energy and intensity of the workout, it lets out alot of frustration when you continue screaming while punching with all your might even though all your muscles are screaming in protest. It just feels so good! I love that it's a whole-body workout and an exciting one at that (unlike jogging for me). By the end of the hour, I was so tired. I was feeling alittle giddy after the workout and I'm 101% sure my thighs, arms and back will be aching tomorrow. This is totally opposite from yoga which brings you calm with the breathing and stretching. I actually enjoy both.

Age is really catching up. You can feel it, subtly but surely. It takes alot more effort to maintain one's fitness and metabolism level. Even when it comes to skincare and maintainance, it takes more effort too.

I've only been working for 6 weeks, yet I can totally feel by butt and hips expanding and filling up my chair! Exercise once a week doesn't seem enough at all. My colleague was telling me, as you start to age, you can feel your body going downhill, even when you eat something. Exercise is a case of diminishing returns and you get less returns from your workout as you age. That - coming from a woman who has had 3 kids and has more muscles and stamina than most men - is indeed scary.

I feel tired today, in a good way. It was been a good workout and I welcome the aches tomorrow. At least my muscles are talking to me, which means that they are still there.

What I love about my current job is that my colleagues and bosses are really nice and that I don't have to work late. Some work-life balance and some time for personal goals injects some happiness into one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment