Sunday, September 26, 2010

.::. Sunday brunch .::.

There's many delicious food around Joey's place, and one of my favourite is the mee pok!

It's really nice, arguably my favourite meepok in Singapore. It's one very simple yet Singaporean dish which I missed so much in Sweden. I made my own substitute noodles with sambal chilli and black vinegar, but it never even tasted close!



There are a few 'famous' ones around his place, but this is the original one. It's called 132 mee pok, used to be at Jalan Tua Kung. ieatishootipost rated it 4.5/5 and there are many 'fake' ones around. The wait is at least 30 minutes and many people queue up for it willingly. They'll be moving to Marine Parade soon though.



I love it, because the noodles is very 'springy'. After having the mee pok there, I never do order mee pok at normal foodcourts anymore. I'd always try to have the best!

Having said that, I like the 'fake' Jalan Tua kung mee pok at the coffeeshop beside the NTUC too. I like it that they're very generous with their chilli and vinegar, it's so spicy that it's very shiok for me - I love my food spicy. However, the standard there is not always consistent, it doesn't taste good at times, when it's too dry and less 'springy'

Overall, I reckon the 'original' one tastes better!

Nice food around his place includes the original FuLin yong tau hu that Jo likes, the famous chicken rice and the famous zhe cha opposite his place. We eat alot at Katong area too! Katong's Aston seem to taste better than the other outlets somehow.



The boyfriend 'brushing' Chinook's teeth after I cut his nails. He's so cute.

We spent the weekend watching the F1 race, watching a movie on the laptop, and...sleeping. Hahs. While I do not get all the hype about the F1 race, I did get alittle excited watching the race. Too bad Hamilton got our of the race - stupid Webber!

It's Monday - again! *sigh.

At least I enjoyed my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment