Sunday, November 7, 2010

.::. Dream .::.

How lovely it is to dream while you are awake. Dream while you're awake, Andre. Anybody can dream while they're asleep, but you need to dream all the time, and say your dreams out loud, and believe in them.

I can't promise you that you won't be tired, he says. But please know this. There's a lot of good waiting for you on the other side of tired. Get yourself tired, Andre. Thats when you're going to know yourself. On the other side of tired.

- Open, An Autobiography by Andre Agassi

I always planned, I hardly dreamt. I was too afraid of disappointment, of failure, of being unrealistic. I'm the typical Singaporean, I was brought up and programmed that way. Increasingly, as I get exposed to more people and places, I start following my heart, follow my dreams, and it surprisingly feels right.

Dream I shall. Endure, I will. For a jouney of a thousand miles starts with a single step, and we made that baby step. I shall dream when I'm awake, when I'm asleep, dream all the time and believe that we will get there. Somehow. Someday. It may be tiring. But we will get to the other side of tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment