Monday, November 15, 2010

.::. Sucker .::.

My job, is an energy sucker.

I'm always so tired after a day's work, and I don't even work late much. If I'm meeting deadlines, I'm fully concentrated on that screen, switching between many enormous excel spreadsheets which I download from different data bases.

I work with data primarily. That's what analysts do right? I've been very busy with 2011 planning, because I'm in-charge of churning out slides for all the countries to chart their progress in many different aspects.

I'm looking at data from the past 2 years, from 10 different countries, sales in revenues, sales in units, sales in product groups, discounts given etc. It's a shitload of data which I go through and dress-up into colourful trend charts and simple summary tables by quaters.

The end-result looks pretty and seemingly simple. What people do not know is the amount of work and concentration needed to collate these data from so many different sources into that few slides.

Excel. Powerpoint. Numbers. My best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment