Sunday, November 14, 2010

.::. Sick .::.

I have been down since Thursday. It has been horrible, and I haven't felt this bad for a long time.

I was still alright on Thursday. I was in a meeting, when I started having cold hands and simply unwell. I sat through the whole thing and by the time I came out, I felt sick. I really felt like puking and my tummy felt weird. I totally feel faint. After direahea in the office, I still felt horrible. I ended up rushing myself home in a cab - during peak hour no less! Super expensive and detrimental to my housing fund.

When I was home, I puked. Everything. All my lunch and whatever that was left inside. I felt better, and I assumed that I would feel better since I've cleared everything I had in me.

Wrong. After a 2 hour nap, I felt even worst. I felt weak all over and I was in pain. I felt cold with a horrible headache to boot. I tried to have some food, yet all I managed was some vegetables before crawling back to bed. It was the most horrible experience I remember, having my whole body in pain and feeling really cold. I never have painkillers, never. Yet I popped 2 and went to bed.

I woke up on Friday with a headache and still feeling weak, but I had an early morning tele-conference to attend. But the U.S. guy did not turn up and I ended up going back to bed. I felt really miserable. Thankfully, the boyfriend bought congree over, with XiaoLongBaos which I couldn't even stomach - I can't believe that either.

Doctor says I've stomach viral infection. But if you ask me? I think my stomach has weakend over the past year in Sweden. Why? Because I've been eating so healthily, with lots of soupy dishes and stir-fry meat and salad. I almost NEVER ate fried food in Sweden. Now, my stomach feels weird even after my favourite hot and spicy soup. 2 meals with slightly oily/fried food and I'll feel really weird. I crave for fish bee hoon and ban mian these days. Does healthy eating strengthen your stomach? Apparently N.O., pampering it with healthy food makes it weak.

I was practically in bed the whole weekend, praying hard that more rest would give me a speedy full recovery. I've tonnes of work waiting for me in the office, and tomorrow would be a long day at work.

I take solace that it's a short week. But then again, not so good when you have lots of work on hand. These 2 weeks have been really busy and stressful. Sighsigh. Be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment