Thursday, January 6, 2011

.::. NYE .::.

What did you do to welcome 2011?



We went cycling. After a half day at work, we had Beach Road prawn noodles for lunch and napped before we went cycling in the evening.

We used to cycle almost every weekend...erm...5 years back. =_=" It's been such a very long time since we went cycling in ECP together. I think I cycled too much in Sweden and didn't like cycling too much after.



Us.

I'm such a dodo sometimes. I only brought my wrislet and iPhone along with some money and ATM cards. It was till we almost reached that we realized that we couldn't rent bikes without IDs! We managed to rent bikes with a $100 deposit in the end. The bikes were pretty good though - alot better than my Swedish bike which gave me so much grief when everyone was whizzing past me. Cycling in Sweden was never so relaxing since it's a mode of transporation and there's cobbler stone roads and strong headwinds.



Beautiful sunset @ Bedok Jetty. It's where we always stop to rest and enjoy the sunsets.



I think both of us has become more lazy and cycle alot less quickly as we aged. He used to love cycling but it was him who wanted to return the bikes after an hour!

We had dinner at East Coast Lagoon, the usual hawkee food. We even had a beer to celebrate the new year since I kept complaining that he does not go drinking with me!

I remember last year's countdown - I came back from Sweden for a few weeks and he was still working on his FSAE racing car. I waited at home till late evening at home, and almost thought that I would have to spend NYE alone. He finally came and brought me out for dinner. Although he offered to watch fireworks with me in town, he looked totally tired. We ended up at his place, and he fell asleep right after a bath! I was watching the Taiwanese countdown concerts and counting down myself as he was soundly asleep beside me. Despite nudging him and wishing him 'Happy New Year', he didn't remember a thing about it.

This year wasn't too far from last. We were watching Taiwanese concerts and he was trying hard not to fall asleep.

Gone were those days when we had dinner in town and waited hours at a good spot just to see the fireworks. It simply seem to take up too much effort and we seem to prefer the comfort of the home as years went by, not that I mind though.

Hello 2011. Be good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment