Friday, January 7, 2011

.::. Resolutions .::.

I have been wanting to reflect on 2010 and write down my resoultions for 2011, yet there's too much to write about 2010. I shall leave that long reflection till another day and start with the resolutions instead.

- Keep Active and Stay healthy
Despite exercising a minimum of once a week and random crunches cum weights sessions at home, I've put on a record number of inches since I got back from Sweden. It's depressing but true. It must be a combination of not exercising 4 times a week, not eating boring boiled/stir-fry food every meal and sitting in the office 8 hours a day. All the muscles I gained in Sweden has turned into flab and I seem to have meat growing from nowhere. The dress which I wore barely 6 months ago, I can barely zip it up. It's so darn difficult since I'm so tired after work, but I really need to be disciplined and continue exercising!

- Save and invest
I won't pretend that I like working nor that I enjoy my job. But a job gives me financial freedom and enables me to be independent enough to make certain choices in life. I don't want to slog all my life and have to worry about money. Since I'm starting to teach tuiion to bring in extra income again, hopefully I can save more. Being a finance person, one knows the power of compounded interest and the right investments. I want to make enough money to fulfill my dream of having my own apartment soon!

- Good Skin
I'm totally anal about skincare now that I'm reaching a quarter of a century old. I've gotten myself pots of magic since I started work. I'm happy with my complexion, but what I really would like to cure is the eczema on my leg. I haven't been showing my legs for years and it itches when I exercise. There are nights when I wake up in pain and itch. I hate it. I need to do something about it and makes sure that it gets cured. Then again, I don't trust doctors, because I've been to so many who gave me steroid creams which losses their effects after some time, making things worse than before, and medicne which makes me really hungry or drowsy. Some even gave me injections, but it never really helped. I simply lose control of myself, affecting my daily life and it makes me depressed. Honestly, I've no idea what to do, but I can try not to scratch for a start. No scratching!

- Remove clutter and pack my room
Being in Sweden for a year, and practically living out of a suitcase worth of things made me realize that one really does not need so many things. Having a clutter-free room and clearing out unused junk really makes one feel great about your surroundings. Although the junk in my house does drive me crazy since my parents seem to love keeping old and spoilt items which may be useful someday, there's nothing I could do about it. I can start from my own room though, corner by corner, I'll start.

- Be a better person
I want to be a better person, a better daughter, a better friend, a better girlfriend, a better sister, a better tutor and perhaps a better employee. It's always a work-in-progress. There are times when I'm upset with myself for being weak, for feeling certain emotions, for letting other people affect me or saying things I don't mean. Putting this down, being conscious about it and reflecting upon it might probably empower me to achieve more for myself. Less anger, no jealousy, more calm, more forgiving, more generous, more tolerance and more consideration.

May 2011 be a great year ahead. I'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment