Sunday, January 9, 2011

.::. Sky Park .::.

The boyfriend is back from Phuket after a 4-day company trip, and I have been looking forward to today since he asked me to dress presentably and bring my camera along.

At first, he asked me to go over to his place, but he ended up going back to NUS to see his juniors' race car and had lunch with his friends. He asked me to meet him at Somerset instead, but ended up late and did not even reply my sms nor answer his phone! Then, he said to go back to City Hall to meet his parents. Obviously, I'm not exactly pleased - I just came from City Hall!. I reckon it's my own expectations which ruined the day for me.

We ended up going to Marina Bay Sands with his family. We were supposed to visit the Sky park since his mum knows someone who could bring us up for free.

We ended up waiting for more than an hour. Then, I realized that it was one of those sale gimmicks. They make it sound like they can bring you up for free but expects you to attend their 'sharing session'. His mum actually reserved 10 tickets and asked him to reserve 4 more.

I hate such sales gimmicks and sales people. They try to package their marketing tools in such a way that they offer you something for free with 'no strings attached'. There will always be people who take the bait from things like free dinners to free whatever-you-can think-of. Sometimes, they make it sound like you're so dumb to not take it. Then, they make it sound like you're special to be offered such a privellege when all they did was to book a room or two, just to get the guest card to bring all their guests up for free. Those who got these 'free' tickets and are able to bring their friends along to enjoy it and obviously feel good about themselves and would willingly listen to their talks. They seriously go up and down the lifts, bringing so many guests up from different lifts and entry points so as to reduce any suspicion. And they actually claim that this is for 'security reasons', that's why they can't bring too many people at one entry point at any one time!?

I hate these people as much as those who preach to me and invite me to church as if they're trying to save my soul!

It might be the way my dad brought me up. I'll never believe that there are things such as 'free lunches'. When can people ever learn? And to me, if something is that good, you wouldn't need to promote it in this way. Your product will gain popularity from 'word-of-mouth' and forums in which people share their experiences with no hidden agenda.

Perhaps it's just me. There must be many people who does not mind taking such free stuff and going for such 'sharing sessions' in exchange for it. Afterall, our 'free' visit to the skypark this evening has 'saved' us $20x14=$280.

But having to wait there for more than an hour and listening to those crap? Personally, thanks but no thanks! I don't even want to be part of such (in my opinion) underhand tactics. I totally feel cheated and helpless, and still having to pretend like we really appreciated the 'free' visit provided.

So here goes - pictures from the 'free' visit of skypark at MBS. Perhaps MBS should review their guests policy to close such glaring loopholes which these sales people take advantage of.



The weather was horrible, drizzling and grey. But the infinity pool was really pretty. I want to swim there someday!





Maybe it's me, but I can't help being pissed at such stuff. And maybe that's why, I really refuse to do any sales-related jobs despite the seemingly uncapped income. I simply can't put myself down there, for fear of being like one of them someday.

It hasn't been such a great weekend.

Why do I feel like 2011 is not going to be a great year for me? I feel so unsettled.

No comments:

Post a Comment