Thursday, April 21, 2011

.::. Plan .::.

I have been reading alot these days. I'm especially interested in financial planning and health and fitness these days. I'm paranoid. I want to be 'forever young' and 'a millionaire so freakin' bad'!

I realized that one big lesson I've learnt is to plan. It's easy to want something, to have goals and aim for something. But the missing link is always the actual plan and discipline to get you to your goals. Everything suddenly seem alot simpler, for as long as you plan and be disciplined about it, goals are achieved 'automatically'.

Set goals --> Plan --> Execute the plan with discipline --> GOAL!

Obviously, things ain't as simple and plans need to be changed as circumstances change. But it's still a simple and effective equation to get to your goals.

I'm trying very hard to think only positive thoughts these days and to achieve small goals every single day, week and month. I realized that there are times when I worry too much, give up too easily and allow negative thoughts to waste my productive time. There are some days when I feel so depressed about things that all I feel like doing is hide in my covers and wallow in my own misery.

It's so easy for people to make comments nonchalently and try to bring you down unknowingly, even your loved ones. My own mum told me that my butt is so big that she can put plates of vegetables on it - when I was doing squats. And then she told me that I should not train and build up muscles because it looks 'ugly'. And then she claims that I am always very sensitive about what she says and get worked up. Maybe they really think that they're saying it 'for your own good'. Perhaps these people really don't have ill intentions - but it deflates you all the same.

I reckon there are still many people who think that beauty and health equates to skinny. I've come to accept that I'll never satisfy everyone. They can say what they like, but I want to be rich and healthy so that I can live the life I want!

I'm going to write down all my goals and plans to go with it - If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! The only person who could make you happy is you. I'm filling myself with positive thoughts and all the little goals.

With that, I shall end this with a quote which I like from the 'Rich dad's guide to investing'. I'm always enlightened by his books. He teaches you a very different approach to money and teaches you how to be rich - not by being thrifty and thinking 'poor', but through planning and achieving the kind of life you want for yourself. People who think that money is scare. so you should scrimp and save will never become rich!

Words form thoughts, thoughts form reality, realities become life.


No comments:

Post a Comment