Sunday, June 26, 2011

.::. Rockpot .::.

Rockpot is a little quaint town near the coast. It's famous for its cheap and fresh lobsters. We drove for about an hour from Boston to get there, and it was one of my favourite stops of the trip.

It was so cold, about 8 degrees and drizzling.



This is the famous lobster shop. Roy Moore's. It's one of those small shops with lots of character. They serve their lobsters with fries, and you can eat them behind the shop, with a sea view. You sit on crates, and it's just really traditional and nice.

Alas, it was too cold and wet that day. I was shivering when I got out the car and there was no way I was going to enjoy eating lobsters out in the cold. I wished we could have ate on the crates outside though we ended up at their restaurant down the road.




The famous dishes were clam chowder and lobster, and that was what we had. I am really good at eating lobsters! Got the meat out super fast and clean while the boyfriend wondered how to do it. *beams with pride.




We were both enjoying the lobsters really. It was so fresh and sweet.




I really liked this town. We had the famous apple strudle, and took fun 80's pictures in a small studio (pictures of that another day).

On the way back to the car, this bird stayed so still even when I keep inching nearer to take a picture. He just stood so still and looked at me.




If only...the weather was good then. It would have been spectacular. I think I would have loved strolling along the coast and enjoying lobsters and apple strudels by the sea.

Someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment