Wednesday, October 26, 2011

.::. Trivelis and Casa Clementi .::.

Trivelis, the Clementi DBSS is finally launched today, and was crazily packed with people. It is the most crowded DBSS showflat I have visited!
The model of the flats were impressive, very big and very pretty.
Units wise, I had low expectations given their small sizes. 4 room flats are merely 82m2 while 5 room flats were 105m2.
However, I actually liked the layout of the units. It's probably the best layout compared to Tampinies, Bedok and Yuan Ching's. 5 room flats were very comfortable, you can easily fit a baby cot into the master bedroom and still have space to walk. 4 rooms were pretty decent too, you can fit bedside tables in the master bedrooms. I never quite got over the shock that Tampineses' DBSS had master bedrooms which can only fit a queen-sized bed and nothing else.
Having said that, it's still very expensive if I compare it to the BTO we got. The 4 rooms at Trivelis cost at least 525k and can go up to 600k. 5 rooms cost up to over 700k. BTO cost about 500k for 100m2 of space, and is almost equivalent to DBSS's 5-room. That's 200k of difference!
But when you compare to the resale in that area, prices have been over 600k for 91m2 flats. You can get those 30-year-old flats for about 500k, but it's really in bad condition. The flats have lifts which goes only to 1st, 6th and 12th floor and it looks really worn out. I really would rather pay for the DBSS than pay 500k for these old flats which may be enbloc in the next 10-20 years.
So if I really wanted to stay in Clementi, I would still be very interested in the DBSS. Nan Hua Primary School and Pei Tong Primary school is just a stone's throw away, with Clementi Mall and Clementi Central 5 minutes away. I would get it just so my kid can go into Nan Hua Primary!

After dropping by the show flat, we had lunch at the food center. It was my favorite Dumpling Noodle during our university days, and there's a long queue. The teochew fish porridge must be pretty good too, it always has a queue too.

The delicious wanton noodles.

My dumpling noodles and the fried dumplings.
*yums.
Then we went to check out Clementi Mall since there was a heavy downpour. I'm pleasantly surprised that Clementi Mall has almost everything! There's Ya Kun, NTUC Finest, Library, Challenger, Crystal Jade, Soup Restaurant, Charles and Keith and so many other shops there! I was high. Clementi Central had everything I needed.
We walked to Casa Clementi to recee our future home. The walk from the train station took about 10 minutes. It is faster if you cut across the blocks and take the overhead bridge instead of going on the main road. It takes 5 minutes to reach the NTUC and food center area, another 5 to reach the train station.

We peeped into the construction site and the units looked almost ready.

Then we went up to 12th level at the opposite block to have a bird's eye view of the project. We were trying to see which were the worst units to avoid.

And this is how the blocks looked like. Very high buildings.
I'm excited. Looking forward to having my own place soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan! I might be your new neighbour if my flat selection comes through! Found your blog from searching Sale of Balance Flats Sep 2011. Might be getting married soon too.
    Hope to get your advice as you are ahead of me in many ways.
    Please contact me at angeline.huang[at]yahoo.co.uk. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete