Saturday, November 19, 2011

.::. Pique Nique .::.

We finally went to try out this relatively new all-day breakfast place at Takashimaya.  We have walked past it so many times, and it always smells good.  I can't really tell if it's the KFC next door which smells good or if the smell came from Pique Nique.


The menu.  The prices were surprisingly pretty reasonable.  Simple breakfast set with omelets cost less than $10.



I like the feel of the place.  I would like my dining area to have such feel too.  I love the brick walls and sturdy oak wood dining tables with benches.  Look at those lovely chairs and booths too.


They had cute cups too.


He had the farmers' set, 3-egg omelette with potatoes and mushrooms and toast.  It doesn't look that good isn't it?  He said that it was alright.

I had the eggs benedict set though I'm quite sure I'd be disappointed.  Nothing can match up to the one I had in Montreal - eggs benedict on pancakes.  *yumss.  I still salivate thinking about it.

It looked pretty promising though.


I'm still happy to have my eggs.

I liked the fries, it was made of fresh potatoes and you can really taste the freshness.  I didn't like the sauce, I found it too heavy.  The eggs benedict was mediocre, simply, so-so.  I prefer Wild Honey's though theirs is more than twice the price of this.  I liked the ham though, I could taste the meat and it wasn't the salty kind.  All and all, it's a mediocre dish.


Both of us had lattes to go with our meal.  I liked the latte though, smooth and milky.

The future-husband looking really stoned.  He reported to work at 730am on a Saturday morning and was totally wiped out.  We went to quite a few places to get his shoe, though most men shoes look pretty much the same to me.  We shortlisted a pair from Zara, but he hasn't really decided though.


The food here is really simply so-so.  Nothing to rave about but still a nice place to sit down for some eggs after shopping.  The price is pretty decent and you wouldn't need to queue for hours to get into Wild Honey or Antionette in Orchard on a weekend, nor do you have to go to very inaccessible places for a similar spread.  I really hate it that most places which serve food like this is so inaccessible that it's almost impossible to go without driving, or taking a cab!

So if you feel like having breakfast/brunch with eggs after shopping at Orchard road, Pique Nique could be a decent choice.  While they are always full, queues are short.


No comments:

Post a Comment