Thursday, December 1, 2011

.::. Spread the love .::.


We have come to the last month of the year again. December. It's my favourite month. It's always a month full of happiness and celebrations for what we have accomplished this year, and also anticipation and hope for the coming year. It's time to take stock of the accomplishments this year and set goals for the next.

My girlfriends and I have this tradition during X'mas - 4 of us would draw lots to buy a present for one of us. Thus, we will only know who we're buying the present for but have no clue who is buying it for us till the gift exchange day. Of course we get a good present for one, and still get smaller presents and cards for the others. We have been doing it for years and never fail to do it every year, even when I was in Sweden and even when Ju and Jo is in US now. We got creative this year, Joey helped to draw lots for Ju and Jo, representing them and giving them the results by whatsapp. I'm wondering if there is some e-ballot system online which we could use for such fun ballots?

I'm feeling especially thankful and blessed this year. So much has went my way and I couldn't have wished for more. And when one has abundance, it's always good to share some of these with others. Happiness multiplies when you make someone else happy.

As much as I always feel like volunteering and donating, I never seem to get down to it enough. I'm always busy with working and studying and tutoring, time and money never seemed to be enough. I recognize that these must be excuses and if I really wanted to do it enough I would have found ways to get down to it. Perhaps I should include this as one of my resolutions for the year ahead.

However, this doesn't mean that we can't try in little ways. This December, I shall pledge to share the love through Boys Brigade. You can do an online donation through NTUC ( foodstuff and necessities hampers) or visit the donation locations and wish trees. They still need a lot more donations, especially for necessities. Even if you are too busy or lazy, I'm sure everyone of us could spend a few minutes to make a donation online! More information on their site.

Donations are open from now till 21st December, 11am to 830pm daily:

Main box location: AMK Hub
Satellite Gift Box Locations - NTUC FairPrice outlets
FairPrice Finest: Thomson Plaza, Bukit Timah Plaza, Junction 8
FairPrice supermarket: HDB Hub, Eastpoint Mall, Bedok North A, Bukit Panjang Plaza, Rivervale Mall, Tampines Mall, Bukit Merah
FairPrice Xtra: Hougang Point, AMK Hub, Jurong Point, NEX

Other gift box locations:
Great World City Level 1 Office Lobby
Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Wish Tree Locations @ NTUC FairPrice Outlets
FairPrice Xtra: AMK Hub, Jurong Point, NEX

Other donation methods:
AXS Kiosks - You can fulfill a Christmas wish at any AXS Stations. Select 'Hot Links' and go to 'The Boys' Brigade - Donation'
FairPrice Online donation - You can make an online donation of food and household hampers valued at $20, $30 and $50 to The Boys' Brigade Share-a-Gift Project.

Spread the love this season. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment